At Natural Factors, our core goal is to provide safe and efficacious products to support your health and well-being. We pride ourselves on providing high-quality supplements that actually meet their health claims – this means what we say on our labels is in fact what’s in the product.
In order to do this, we must know without a doubt that everything throughout our manufacturing chain, from our raw material sources all the way through to our final products, not only meets specific purity and potency requirements, but is also well below industry standard thresholds for contaminants. It is so important to us that we not only test every batch right here in our in-house laboratories, but also dot all our I’s and cross all our T’s with third-party testing.
Who Is ISURA?
We’ve been doing third-party testing for a long time, and we’ve found that ISURA is the only partner that can ensure we meet the highest possible standards in quality and purity. ISURA is an independent natural health supplement and food-product verification and certification organization. Its analytical testing centre is dedicated to the analysis of natural health products, food, and supplement materials, utilizing advanced, state-of-the-art laboratory techniques and methods.
Their mission is threefold:
- To empower the natural health supplement and food-product industries through advanced certification services and advocacy.
- To promote best practices in the natural health industry and advance non-GMO and organic food production.
- To assist consumers in selecting premium-quality supplements and food products that meet strict labelling and safety standards.
Why Is this Important to You?
When you see the ISURA seal of approval on any product, you can feel assured that the product is legitimately giving you what you’re buying, and that the product is contaminant-free, adulterant-free, non-GMO, and ingredient and potency authenticated.
The Gold Standard
Mass spectrometry sounds complicated, but it’s pretty amazing.
Put simply, mass spectrometry is an analytical tool useful for measuring the mass-to-charge ratio (m/z) of one or more molecules present in a sample. It’s used to find out the mass of particles
and to find the basic chemicals in a sample or molecule. Translation – you can use it to identify the kinds of particles present in a substance. We use it to make sure our products are free of contaminants, adulterants, and specific allergens, as well as making sure we meet the potency. This is one type of testing ISURA does that puts them a notch above the rest.
Gas chromatography is another big term. This is an analytical technique used to separate the clinical components of a mixture and then detecting them to determine if they are present, how much is present, or if they’re absent. As mass spectrometry, we use gas chromatography to make sure all the things we don’t want aren’t in our products, and all the things we do want are there in the correct amounts.
Together, mass spectrometry and gas chromatography are regarded as the gold standards of testing. This is the reason Natural Factors chose to partner with ISURA. We wanted the best!
The Key Things to Note
ISURA goes above and beyond when it comes to testing. Here are some examples of just how deep they dive and how that benefits you:
- ISURA tests for over 800 contaminants, including pesticides such as glyphosate, heavy metals, plasticizers, residual solvents, and many more.
- The threshold limit for detectable GMOs is 0.1%. This is very low in comparison to other limits, such as the European Union at 0.9% and the non-GMO Verification Project at 0.9%, for human-food ingredients and supplements.
- There are other specialized tests ISURA does that other companies forgo, such as testing for gluten-free, vegan, kosher, halal, organic, etc. This list is ever expanding as ISURA learns new testing techniques.
A Common Mission
Natural health products are great resources to support your health. Whether you include supplements in your lifestyle to support a particular condition, help fill some of the nutrient gaps, or level up your healthy lifestyle, you want to know that the products you’re taking are doing their job. This is our mission, and it is one we share with ISURA.